• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Just a question for the mets. Does it look to you like the models are starting to trend towards an earlier phase? And if it does phase alot earlier
what impacts would that have for the upper part of the SE?

I would hazard a guess that Peachtree City may add Forsyth and Cherokee county to the Winter Storm Watch this afternoon. Seems probably we could see 2+ inches of snow in those counties. I’d also bet they throw up a Winter Weather Advisory for right along 20 and everyone else north of 20

Thinking Memphis will need to expand their Watch area south if these short term models continue to trend south of the TN/MS border.

I would hazard a guess that Peachtree City may add Forsyth and Cherokee county to the Winter Storm Watch this afternoon. Seems probably we could see 2+ inches of snow in those counties. I’d also bet they throw up a Winter Weather Advisory for right along 20 and everyone else north of 20

They seemed to have hinted at the advisory level stuff for the I-20 corridor in the SWS they issued this morning. Up to 2 inches (their wording) would be advisory criteria.

At this point, I'm thinking that this will be more of a novelty/nuisance for in-town Atlanta. Just can't see it being anything more than that.

They seemed to have hinted at the advisory level stuff for the I-20 corridor in the SWS they issued this morning. Up to 2 inches (their wording) would be advisory criteria.

At this point, I'm thinking that this will be more of a novelty/nuisance for in-town Atlanta. Just can't see it being anything more than that.
I think it is going to much more pronounced than what you are predicting, just my gut feeling.

Thinking Memphis will need to expand their Watch area south if these short term models continue to trend south of the TN/MS border.

Rap has ATL getting crippling ice lolz

model

Pretty sure they know what they are doing. Memphis has some of the best veterans at the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
I think Gwinnett will be today as well.

Back