• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

My area can do very well with apps runners and inland runners. I’m no longer hunting a suppressed track . It’s mid January and the clock it ticking . I’ll take a score anyway I can get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah as long as you get enough cold on the backside then there’s a shot here.

It seems for every bad gefs ensemble run we have 2 to 3 good ones which seems to make me think with those odds we have a good shot at a winter storm over a lot of the Deep South

Storm may have posted earlier. The 6z GEFS snowfall is simply amazing. Best run yet.
2" ensemble mean all the way down to Jackson MS and nearly to Montgomery AL.
6" plus for 75% of TN. Woof woof

GEFSSE_prec_meansnacc_384.png

GEFSSE_prec_snens_384.png

Storm may have posted earlier. The 6z GEFS snowfall is simply amazing. Best run yet.
2" ensemble mean all the way down to Jackson MS and nearly to Montgomery AL.
6" plus for 75% of TN. Woof woof

GEFSSE_prec_meansnacc_384.png

GEFSSE_prec_snens_384.png
E5 is a solid hit for lower MS Valley

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These ensemble runs got me in a really good mood for the deep South especially in central Alabama... You can't be mad about what it's showing so far consistently... Our pattern change is definitely coming so expect more swings in the models for the better guys

I'm enjoying every post this morning, this is the kinda stuff I sit back and learn from the best. It's amazing how even 6z gfs OP run this morning didn't show a winter storm, but the ens our consistent with showing something special. Me for one I'm getting excited because our chances are pretty high ATM, and it's a matter of time where something will show again and more consistent.

Quick posting note:

So far this morning, everyone is mostly doing a good job keeping the comments on or close to the pattern and the models. Please keep that in mind as we work through the mid-day model cycles, as there are tons of members and guests reading the content.

Guests,

Please take a moment and sign up. It's easy and worthwhile!

I hope everyone is having a good morning!

This was the ensembles of the GFS last year before the arctic plunges. Just a story of caution as I ended up with literally 0 inches of snow.B2D170E8-2020-4EE9-AC56-EDE3A9060BC2.pngThis is Webber’s map of what actually happened during this period. FBBD752A-3F2B-4CEE-90EC-1D03DD4A97FD.png

Just goes to show you the potential but even this far out ensembles are not gospel either. patients folks, patients.

Last edited:
This was the ensembles of the GFS last year before the arctic plunges. Just a story of caution as I ended up with literally 0 inches of snow. This is Webber’s map of what actually happened during this period.View attachment 11212This is Webber’s map of what actually happened during this period. View attachment 11213

Just goes to show you the potential but even this far out ensembles are not gospel either. patients folks, patients.
I'll take my chances

Back