• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Northern stream crush. Anyways, no worries. We are entering a better period with cold around soon guys.. for a wide area of the board to have multiple chances in all likelihood. Wild model swings and systems showing up and disappearing are to be expected.

Right now, I'd just assume it's about to get a bit colder throughout the South, so get all your outdoor activities settled, regardless.

And there's the big ball of energy off the S Cali coast that just won't kick out...

Even if that look verified which it won’t we could still see some overrunning before the big cold gets in but that is irrelevant as it will be different next run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gfs run is amazing, cold till the end with energy everywhere. I guarantee will get something out of that

And there's the big ball of energy off the S Cali coast that just won't kick out...

After the 26th, IF the PV presses down as modeled on the ensemble sweets and OP runs, I think most of the south will have a chance for a board wide event or close to it. Getting that PV to press down and suppress things is IMO the #1 key... at the same time if it presses down too much it'll shred everything and suppress things too far south and we will just be cold and dry.

It appears that we have to get through the next two storms that will help set up the pattern. Then we wait to see if we can get some energy coming across to line up with the cold air. Still a ton to sort out right now. Hopefully by the end of next week we can be trying to reel one in.

It appears that we have to get through the next two storms that will help set up the pattern. Then we wait to see if we can get some energy coming across to line up with the cold air. Still a ton to sort out right now. Hopefully by the end of next week we can be trying to reel one in.

At least the one positive is the next 2 storms will help put down a nice large area of fresh snow to our north. This should definitely help with future systems if we can get more of a suppressed look.

A lot of people living/dying with every run of the OP GFS...smh. Honestly, trusting anything these models spit out more than 3 days in advance is pure folly anymore. Sometimes there is just "too much going on" as someone just said for the models to even score close to verification. If the models can't get it right 4 days out, everything else is just one big error/truncated afterwards.

Just give me a decent pattern and we can work out the details between friends. Models are a long way from replacing solid Meteorology and those who can recognize patterns. We need a message from HM and an interpretation by Webber! LOL! A message from Larry would be great too!

Having the better pattern come after the second storm certainly would go along with the GFS tries to bring on changes too fast.

All the gfs says and has been consistent on is it will be cold! At least it will feel like winter but know one should be surprised when it’s February 1st and most people in the south hasn’t seen any snow. The real pattern we are in is one that keeps delaying itself over and over again. Right now only thing certain is the cold

All the gfs says and has been consistent on is it will be cold! At least it will feel like winter but know one should be surprised when it’s February 1st and most people in the south hasn’t seen any snow. The real pattern we are in is one that keeps delaying itself over and over again. Right now only thing certain is the cold

Jessy, that's true but having the cold air is the most key ingredient. Can't have winter weather without cold but not seeing anything until Feb. 1st? I think you are speaking out of frustration. I don't remember a 2 week period without precip since....I don't know when. Just get us the cold air and half the battle has been won!

Back