• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

Today is by far the most uncomfortable day of the summer. Holy crap it's miserable outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And per the GFS, it doesn't end. Dewpoints in the 70s almost all run long, and even nearly 80 once. Yuck.
gfs_Td2m_seus_19.png

There are plenty of strong storms in south central and southeast Tenn right now heading east-southeast. Northern GA looks to have an active Sat evening in store. Maybe over into upstate SC after 6-7 pm.

Back from the beach today and back to the reality of 70+ dewpoints ugh

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
It's like you brought the beach DP's back to Knightdale, and probably a few crabs!? :(

There are plenty of strong storms in south central and southeast Tenn right now heading east-southeast. Northern GA looks to have an active Sat evening in store. Maybe over into upstate SC after 6-7 pm.
You've lived here long enough, you know they will die out in Pickens or Oconee counties , or sooner! I will be fishing all night, so storms would be welcome !

With dewpoints being so ungodly, I guess it's that time of year again to go into hibernation. People up north hibernate in the winter. I hibernate in July and August !

Outflow boundary that moved through like 45 minutes ago really crushed the atmosphere ahead of the line . Northern part shrinking fast
a220d91af92b9b9c34ec8fc423623ec4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't hit 90 yet and no 90s forecast through July 15. Could we go the entire summer without hitting 90 ?

It hasn't hit 90 yet and no 90s forecast through July 15. Could we go the entire summer without hitting 90 ?

ATL's highest this May/June has only been 90. That highest is cooler than average by about 3-4 degrees. The good news if you don't like heat is that there is a decent partial correlation between hottest in May/June and hottest in July-Sept. The average hottest of summer is close to 97. However, based on the hottest in May/June being only 90, the statistical odds modestly favor a hottest in July-Sep under 96. We'll see what happens as that correlation isn't strong enough to actually predict with confidence what the hottest will end up being. But at least there's more hope than normal for no extreme heatwave this summer.

Last edited:
Merely statistical probabilities, but as warm and muggy as today is, this presents a nice notion ...

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Pouring buckets.
Merely statistical probabilities, but as warm and muggy as today is, this presents a nice notion ...

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Muggy is definitely what it is right now, I went outside at about 10 am and the humidity was already bad. Rain chances are filling up my forecast again, and it means the mugginess is here to stay for a bit longer. Still only at around 3-6 90+ degree days this year. If we had about 2 degrees higher each day, that number would be probably close to 20 or so by now, or 30.

Back