• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Irma Banter

He wasn't even born for Hugo! I wasn't here for that, but I've been through Gloria on Long Island (tree on our house after that one), the CLT ice storm in what...03?, and got married in Manteo during Matthew. I stand by what I said, some downed trees and power issues aren't a reason to bug out.
They are talking closing schools around my area Monday and Tuesday, so I guess the school districts are buggin!
Our principal back when Hugo hit actually came over the intercom and said" stop panicking ! In the history of our school system, we have never missed a day of school for a hurricane " Two weeks later when the schools finally opened, she had a big ole plate of crow to eat!

They are talking closing schools around my area Monday and Tuesday, so I guess the school districts are buggin!
Our principal back when Hugo hit actually came over the intercom and said" stop panicking ! In the history of our school system, we have never missed a day of school for a hurricane " Two weeks later when the schools finally opened, she had a big ole plate of crow to eat!
We got lucky with Hugo over here in Jonesville. He made a last minute change in direction that spared us here and sent worst into the Charlotte metro. If I remember correctly, the 11pm forecasts had the center going about 30-40 miles west, which would have pounded us here.

I'll believe it when I see it. The models will be showing this out to sea by tommorrow I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll believe it when I see it. The models will be showing this out to sea by tommorrow I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do see it adjusting back east some, but probably not out to sea. I'll be shocked if they trend much farther west. It will probably end up in Fla, going back over that Atlantic and then making landfall around Wilmington and head towards Raleigh. Climatology will win this battle.

I do see it adjusting back east some, but probably not out to sea. I'll be shocked if they trend much farther west. It will probably end up in Fla, going back over that Atlantic and then making landfall around Wilmington and head towards Raleigh. Climatology will win this battle.
Thats what I keep thinking. Its hard to go against climo.

Good Lord - TWC has me at 37 mph (nice little typical FL thunderstorm) and Accu has me at 110mph ... What and who do you trust until you get slapped one way or another?

There will be plenty of cheap firewood for sale this fall.... In all seriousness it's going to be bad for some folks on this board (pcbjr looks to get hit fairly hard)

Just a few of the comments from ;PAGE ONE, of the Irma threat. Probably a lot for us to learn from early judgments.

Long way out and I'd probably bet on ots but the euro ensembles look interesting

I'm thinking recurve likely east of the CONUS as of now.

Early signs point to a fish...but we shall see.

If this look holds true though, it will be hard for a storm to come close to the EC.

.should turn ots in time but still

Yeah that is one deep trough and it should protect the EC

Back