• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Tropical Irma Banter (1 Viewer)

skywatcher

Supporter
For those of us not in the path...

Traditional Hurricane Recipe:
  • 2 oz light rum
  • 2 oz dark rum
  • 2 oz passion fruit juice
  • 1 oz orange juice
  • ½ oz fresh lime juice
  • 1 Tablespoon simple syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon grenadine
  • Garnish: orange slice and cherry
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a Hurricane glass filled with ice. Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.

it's just a few days without power, not that big of a deal. to each their own...I'm more concerned with Monday Night Football being interrupted if the power goes out.

JHS

How much wind for Carrollton?? Hopefully just enough to take out internet service !! Fingers crossed
After all of the out to sea talk, we may end up missing this storm to the west which is fine by me for multiple reasons. I'd actually be fine with not 1 drop of rain from it.

If you lived through Hugo, it's not a tad much at all! Looked like a war zone with trees and no power for 10 days! Read the GSP AFD from this afternoon, they seem a little concerned..
He wasn't even born for Hugo! I wasn't here for that, but I've been through Gloria on Long Island (tree on our house after that one), the CLT ice storm in what...03?, and got married in Manteo during Matthew. I stand by what I said, some downed trees and power issues aren't a reason to bug out.

He wasn't even born for Hugo! I wasn't here for that, but I've been through Gloria on Long Island (tree on our house after that one), the CLT ice storm in what...03?, and got married in Manteo during Matthew. I stand by what I said, some downed trees and power issues aren't a reason to bug out.
They are talking closing schools around my area Monday and Tuesday, so I guess the school districts are buggin!
Our principal back when Hugo hit actually came over the intercom and said" stop panicking ! In the history of our school system, we have never missed a day of school for a hurricane " Two weeks later when the schools finally opened, she had a big ole plate of crow to eat!

JHS

They are talking closing schools around my area Monday and Tuesday, so I guess the school districts are buggin!
Our principal back when Hugo hit actually came over the intercom and said" stop panicking ! In the history of our school system, we have never missed a day of school for a hurricane " Two weeks later when the schools finally opened, she had a big ole plate of crow to eat!
We got lucky with Hugo over here in Jonesville. He made a last minute change in direction that spared us here and sent worst into the Charlotte metro. If I remember correctly, the 11pm forecasts had the center going about 30-40 miles west, which would have pounded us here.

WeatherLC

Staff member
Administrator
I'll believe it when I see it. The models will be showing this out to sea by tommorrow I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHS

I'll believe it when I see it. The models will be showing this out to sea by tommorrow I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do see it adjusting back east some, but probably not out to sea. I'll be shocked if they trend much farther west. It will probably end up in Fla, going back over that Atlantic and then making landfall around Wilmington and head towards Raleigh. Climatology will win this battle.

I do see it adjusting back east some, but probably not out to sea. I'll be shocked if they trend much farther west. It will probably end up in Fla, going back over that Atlantic and then making landfall around Wilmington and head towards Raleigh. Climatology will win this battle.
Thats what I keep thinking. Its hard to go against climo.

pcbjr

Supporter
Good Lord - TWC has me at 37 mph (nice little typical FL thunderstorm) and Accu has me at 110mph ... What and who do you trust until you get slapped one way or another?

There will be plenty of cheap firewood for sale this fall.... In all seriousness it's going to be bad for some folks on this board (pcbjr looks to get hit fairly hard)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)