• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

Zeta is still jogging NE... and notice the slight wobble that almost appears to go ENE to E, according to the latest GOES satellite image. This may actually end up going a little bit east of the forecasted track. And as [mention]Downeastnc [/mention] alluded to this will have some implications to the Carolina’s/GA. Plus, this thing is getting better organized every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think that's reasonable.
I live in Coweta and right now the highest winds should come through between 3 and 5. We may be without power when they are scheduled to make the call. We are on EMC and often lose power in just moderate thunderstorms. And then again winds may not be that bad.

Bigger impacts of this strengthening is that we have an organizing storm versus a decaying one. This should really increase the winds inland as it blasts through.

We can toss the notion that northern GOM storms will weaken on approach. 2020 has blown that theory to pieces.

Yeah that myth has died a violent death in the past few years.

Bigger impacts of this strengthening is that we have an organizing storm versus a decaying one. This should really increase the winds inland as it blasts through.

We can toss the notion that northern GOM storms will weaken on approach. 2020 has blown that theory to pieces.

So did 2018 for that matter.

Back