• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

All around the weather is going off script. Been raining nonstop here since this morning and we already have an inch. Storm is moving east of the track which will bring heavier rains and wind even more south and east. Could be by only 10-20 miles, could be 50-60 miles, who knows.

Crazy......only 75 knts at the surface, going to run out of time to get its inner structure rebuilt enough to maximize those winds....if it had 12 more hrs....
101 knots 10 mb above that. That's only a few hundred feet at the most. It'll take very little time and mixing to get those on the surface.

The projected track is to right over Lake Ponch. in LA. It looks to me like it is still aiming for it.

Crazy......only 75 knts at the surface, going to run out of time to get its inner structure rebuilt enough to maximize those winds....if it had 12 more hrs....

That makes sense considering what the HMON and HWRF shows. Large difference between 850mb and the surface. The HWRF maxes at 88knts after landfall and the HMON barely gets over 100knts right at landfall.

Considering how well it’s modeled so far, we should see some ungodly flight level winds in the NE eyewall the next pass.

SUMMARY OF 100 PM CDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...27.9N 91.1W
ABOUT 145 MI...235 KM SW OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
ABOUT 155 MI...255 KM SSW OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...100 MPH...155 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 25 DEGREES AT 20 MPH...35 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...975 MB...28.79 INCHES

That makes sense considering what the HMON and HWRF shows. Large difference between 850mb and the surface. The HWRF maxes at 88knts after landfall and the HMON barely gets over 100knts right at landfall.

Considering how well it’s modeled so far, we should see some ungodly flight level winds in the NE eyewall the next pass.

Hurricane Isabel was like that for me here in NC FL winds over the SW eyewall were 120 KNTS and we gusted to 55 at the surface in the eyewall....we actually got into the calm of the eye....

It really comes down to how well organized the core wind field is...and what happens as the storm transitions.....again its late Oct and the cane is interacting with a strong cold front.....the "sting" jet can be a very real thing...I will be surprised to see anything over 65-70 mph well inland though ( like N GA into the Carolinas ) outside of the higher mts etc.

This storm is still strengthening atm possible to see a hight cat 2?

Obviously a little different with track but this was hurricane Opal in 95 . The widespread wind damage in Birmingham was extensive . Other than the blizzard of 93 this was my second favorite storm
b4ad63d8e894c01de450a14545cebdff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back