• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

How much impact is felt well inland by this the storm has a lot obviously to do with how it transitions as far as how much wind makes it to the surface.....also how organized the wind field is at landfall etc.....modeled wind maps in these events especially inland are typically very overdone.....

How much wind inland areas see will have a lot to do with how/when it transitions, kinda like Isaias which gave me 50-60 mph gust in the eastern eyewall 3 hrs after landfall while still fully tropical but gave people in NE gust well into the 70-80's the next day as it went extratropical....

So my experience with these maps says take 20-25 off this for the highest values, that will be ball park peak gust.....there will be some isolated higher gust and I guess if this goes more like Isaias goes then some of these values could pan out. So 50-60 should be absolute peak by this time with the storm...with more likely widespread 40-50 gust.....

View attachment 51208
Even taking the amount off it looks like I'll still need the old chain saw ready to go in the morning.

I don’t know how much more it strengthens, but it’s doing as Eric said. Looking structurally a lot to what Michael did(albeit at a much lower ceiling.)
very good point. I think maybe another 10-15 mph uptick? IDK either...but structure wise its good. If it can move a bit more East(erly) I think has the better chance (as Eric shown) to stay a bit stronger longer....

TWC going with 50mph plus winds for Charlotte now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the watch extended to include the rest of the viewing area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A nice circular eye is really starting to clear out ... could mean trouble for many people even inland.. I think this storm has the potential to catch people off guard in many ways.. not that it isn’t being reported on but I think people have tropical fatigue and tropical info is just going in one ear and out the other .. I hope people take it seriously cause she will pack a quick stinging punch

Yeah I wouldn't doubt due to timing etc Schools will be called off tomorrow morning for parts of Central and NW Georgia

Many school systems in the metro Atlanta area are still doing at least partial virtual learning, so buses shouldn’t be as much of an issue. I’m sure administrators didn’t expect to have to actually close school completely this year for any reason thanks to having virtual learning options. Until Zeta comes through and knocks out everyone’s power to close virtual school, too. Very on brand for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back