• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

This thing is going to need a decent N wobble soon to be on track, though the center is making it kinda tricky to follow......but if it doesnt this could skirt the Miss delta and give MS/AL a better hit.....
This would be impressive. Even at 75% this would be impressive for a gulf landfalling hurricane this far NEView attachment 51242

Meh the HRRR had me getting 80-100 mph gust in Isaias we peaked at 55, these maps are dead to me.....

Many school systems in the metro Atlanta area are still doing at least partial virtual learning, so buses shouldn’t be as much of an issue. I’m sure administrators didn’t expect to have to actually close school completely this year for any reason thanks to having virtual learning options. Until Zeta comes through and knocks out everyone’s power to close virtual school, too. Very on brand for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in Newnan and power goes out it will render virtual school useless.

Im gonna say no. Both 12z HWRF and HMON show strengthening until landfall and improving structure supports that. But who knows, they can fall apart so fast in this area.
Yeah. I guess the only thing that could weaken it given the solid structure would be cooler water, but sea surface temperatures there should still be high enough to at least help it hold its strength

The short term east movement can have implications on weather further east in Carolinas.

Also as it goes north and east it will be increasingly difficult to go "back" NW as the westerlies are no joke this time of year....a 100 mile track shift east up here would be pretty significant especially for more of GA and the Carolinas.

Back