• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

This dropsonde on the NE side was kinda crazy. 93-98kt winds not far from the surface.
72E703C5-C65E-4691-8C81-49995B9243E4.jpeg

TWC really lowered wind gust for Atlanta. It was 60 to 75 mph. Now, it is 40 to 60mph.

I think they're holding back until landfall since it's supposed to be a depression per forecast by then

How much impact is felt well inland by this the storm has a lot obviously to do with how it transitions as far as how much wind makes it to the surface.....also how organized the wind field is at landfall etc.....modeled wind maps in these events especially inland are typically very overdone.....

How much wind inland areas see will have a lot to do with how/when it transitions, kinda like Isaias which gave me 50-60 mph gust in the eastern eyewall 3 hrs after landfall while still fully tropical but gave people in NE gust well into the 70-80's the next day as it went extratropical....

So my experience with these maps says take 20-25 off this for the highest values, that will be ball park peak gust.....there will be some isolated higher gust and I guess if this goes more like Isaias goes then some of these values could pan out. So 50-60 should be absolute peak by this time with the storm...with more likely widespread 40-50 gust.....

us_model-en-087-0_modusa_2020102806_27_508_377.png

It will be interesting to see just how strong this storm can get too if can make predicated low cat. 2 or get to stronger cat 2...every ounce of strength it gets before landfall is a little more upmh further inland.
TWC believes that it is not 90mph anymore. Alittle weakening (I mean alittle) should happen.

For the folks in the Carolina’s I think we will have some gust over 50 mph. Maybe even 60, especially with the interaction of the trough, not to mention the heavier showers and storms that will really push those stringers winds down to the surface. Not to mention the possibility of some spin ups. Definitely something we don’t want ignore. It’ll be interesting to see if they issue and wind advisory or high wind watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85dc11ec34af8fd7822bdfb4ee2174f3.jpg

From the weather channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you imagine if this was a cat 5 storm moving at this speed ? The inland impacts would be incredible.

Back