• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Season 2020 Model Archive

Ollie Williams

It Gon' Rain
Reaction score
4/3/2020
Last Winter 2019-2020 I created a model archive thread for winter storm maps. I feel that thread went well and I hope that it is very useful for the future. This hurricane season I have decided to do the same thing. I will say that maintaining a hurricane season thread will probably be much harder to do than a winter storm thread. For a storm to make its way into this thread, I probably will only post if it is a first for the season, hits land or is a crazy major storm. If we are tracking a storm that looks obviously credible, I will post on that as well.

If this thread goes the way that the winter thread goes, I'll most likely be the only one to post, but just some tips to keep things organized if you do post in here
1. Place the model name and date in the post
2. Make sure if you are posting an image move it to your desktop and then post it in the thread. Clicking and dragging from the browser doesn't work well.
3. If you are posting a 6hr precipitation map, I recommend adding a gif.

This Season so far (Timeline)
3/25/2020
Accuweather forecast
Screen-Shot-2020-03-26-at-8.39.20-AM.png
3/31/2020
Potentially subtropical storm development
(Nothing from the NHC)

EPS model gives a 100% chance of developing a tropical storm
ecmwf-tcprobs-all-conuswide-prob_ts_ecmwf-6044800.png

4/1/2020
Continuation of potential subtropical storm
(No word from NHC)

4/2/2020
Colorado State hurricane forecast #1
RV4VLEW5S5B5PL6XSHCQ4W326Q.jpg
4/3/20
Extremely Warm Gulf
cdas-sflux_ssta_atl_1.png

Last edited:
4/3/2020
Last Winter 2019-2020 I created a model archive thread for winter storm maps. I feel that thread went well and I hope that it is very useful for the future. This hurricane season I have decided to do the same thing. I will say that maintaining a hurricane season thread will probably be much harder to do than a winter storm thread. For a storm to make its way into this thread, I probably will only post if it is a first for the season, hits land or is a crazy major storm. If we are tracking a storm that looks obviously credible, I will post on that as well.

If this thread goes the way that the winter thread goes, I'll most likely be the only one to post, but just some tips to keep things organized if you do post in here
1. Place the model name and date in the post
2. Make sure if you are posting an image move it to your desktop and then post it in the thread. Clicking and dragging from the browser doesn't work well.
3. If you are posting a 6hr precipitation map, I recommend adding a gif.

This Season so far (Timeline)
3/25/2020
Accuweather forecast
View attachment 38264
3/31/2020
Potentially subtropical storm development
(Nothing from the NHC)

EPS model gives a 100% chance of developing a tropical storm
View attachment 38266

4/1/2020
Continuation of potential subtropical storm
(No word from NHC)

4/2/2020
Colorado State hurricane forecast #1
View attachment 38265
4/3/20
Extremely Warm Gulf
View attachment 38270

Going staright to Wiki ... as soon as my Lenten salmon comes off and is eaten ... ?

Just for fun, I’d love to see everyone’s personal predictions, what are your thoughts on this upcoming season? I believe this season has the potential to be historic however not quite like 2005, living in Miami I will never forget that year. I believe this year we will see a Category 5, like we have the past few years. In addition, I also think we have the potential to see more than one major hurricane make landfall in the US.

This season we’ll definitely have to keep an eye on the Gulf Of Mexico, as it’s waters are extremely warm. As always we’ll also have to keep an eye on the East Coast and it’s steering currents. Another prediction I’m making is that South Florida will see a direct impact or landfall from a Hurricane. The last few years they’ve managed to be on the fringe of an impact, and I think this year we’ll see it.

4/25/2020 8:00am
Tropical Depression One-E forms

**Please Note: I'm not a mod, but just to keep things organized, please post any discussion in the main Hurricane season thread**
two_pac_2d0.png

1 month away. NHC says to restock supplies NOW. CB3A1024-E214-4843-99FE-9A493715F72C.jpeg

5/5/2020
This is @Brent's post. I don't like the quote tool because it covers up the image:

May have to watch the old frontal boundary this weekend we actually have pretty good agreement between the Euro and the GFS

ecmwf_z500_mslp_watl_7.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_23.png

Back