• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

To me eye looks to be filing in on radar. Not sure if it means anything
I think you’re referring to the eye wall? But if not I think thats what I’m seeing on radar right now.. clearly the eye wall is starting to get more established around the entire eye .. definitely a big eye at that ..looks to be about 45 miles wide .. but seeing lots of new thunderstorms wrapping around and developing really trying to close off this eye .. if we see it happen .. I can easily see an upgrade to cat 2 but I’m not seeing wild readings on the velocity data which makes me think she’s just a very organized cat 1

I think you’re referring to the eye wall? But if not I think thats what I’m seeing on radar right now.. clearly the eye wall is starting to get more established around the entire eye .. definitely a big eye at that ..looks to be about 45 miles wide .. but seeing lots of new thunderstorms wrapping around and developing really trying to close off this eye .. if we see it happen .. I can easily see an upgrade to cat 2 but I’m not seeing wild readings on the velocity data which makes me think she’s just a very organized cat 1
Friction also should be helping wrap her up nice and tight from now on since she’s on the approach now ... but she’s moving so slow which makes me think that’s why we’re seeing models give her a last second crank since that friction will tighten her up a lot longer than if a storm was approaching at 15-20 mph

not far off from what I’m thinking. Maybe shave 15% off those totals from GSP to Rockingham NC tho. A1C51C79-D5FF-412B-8029-AC7C66551F34.jpeg

90MPH Sustained Wind and 103 Gust from the SSW reported at 160 meters above this buoy location. Gust of 107 MPH Gust reported at 4:20PM.

Duke Energy water release for the Nantahala, Catawba, Yadkin and Keowee-Toxaway river basins. To prepare for the storm, Duke Energy is lowering lake levels by aggressively moving water through these river systems.

You can clearly see the eye trying to clear. Its looks stronger as well. Wonder if pressures dropping?

Back