• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

If you look at the velocity on the mobile, AL radar it looks like the winds in the NE quadrant are getting faster. Instresting watching the loop on radarScreenshot_20200915-184505_RadarScope.jpgScreenshot_20200915-184512_RadarScope.jpg

Is the dry air that's been inhibiting Sally all day part of a piece of upper level energy that merged with the storm this afternoon? I'm trying to figure out why Sally has been strengthening over the past hour, and the only thing I can think of that's different a 200Mb piece of energy injected itself around the SW side of the storm.

When I look at the 250 Mb wind map, you can actually see upper level winds circulating around Sally when the 200Mb energy stacks over Sally. Then she gets captured by the trough.

Looking at TWC’s radar, it definitely looks like the movement has been NNE to NE for about the last hour. Honestly it’s probably the most noticeable movement in any direction I’ve seen in an hour frame all day

Looking at TWC’s radar, it definitely looks like the movement has been NNE to NE for about the last hour. Honestly it’s probably the most noticeable movement in any direction I’ve seen in an hour frame all day

It’s actually stationary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back