• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

I still think two locally higher areas...one near Wilmington NC due to heavy convection rain since yesterday moving in from the Atlantic...and another west of Charlotte into SC where totals could be 4-6”. And between those areas I think less around Charlotte near 2”.

Looks like the dry slot I mentioned earlier is gonna be a focus point for the tornado watch out now for South Carolina and points East

Most of the heavy storms moving in from the Atlantic near Wilmington NC could shunt the tornado threat south to the Myrtle Beach SC area...where most of the SC coast is clearing out of the rain..could be prime for tornadoes this afternoon?

Roughly all of i95 South Carolina and points East to the ocean are clearing out ahead of this new tornado watch

Wouldn't be surprised to see the current watch in SC expanded north as the coastal front slowly progresses inland this afternoon. HRRR has KFAY at 80/77 later this aftn

SPC says strong tornadoes poss..and could come inland offshore NC beach areas. But for right now, this is largely South Carolina event unless the front gets a move on...

It’s a race against time as ex Sally is moving faster now. Red zone is favored imo but orange is poss should front eek it’s way inland last minute over south/eastern NC. 9A0504D7-3262-4FE8-B969-005908834927.jpeg

It'll be interesting to see this afternoon if the remnants of Sally pull more bodily north like the models indicate giving the eastern Carolinas more sun

Last edited:
1d6ba4367ba05c4008ada901fe927289.jpg

1.90 here in rain so far. And it’s almost over with. I doubt my area reaches 3 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be surprised to see the current watch in SC expanded north as the coastal front slowly progresses inland this afternoon. HRRR has KFAY at 80/77 later this aftn

I think we will have to get some clearing here for any storms to happen. We usually don't do well getting storms when it's been raining and overcast all morning.

1d6ba4367ba05c4008ada901fe927289.jpg

1.90 here in rain so far. And it’s almost over with. I doubt my area reaches 3 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could honestly extend that to Wilkes because this is just drizzle and at times very light rain.

Columbia SC is almost in the clear with the dry slot I bet if anything happens it will be just east of there. The storms coming inland over NC look very healthy I wonder if this sneaks up into the OBX with flooding and severe.

Back