• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

We just emptied 4" out of our gauge at the jobsite in Acworth.

Any word out of Jonesville, SC?

Last time I checked the whole city has apparently tuned into a desert. Camels and cactus’s everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Power went out at my house around 7:30 this morning and I have an idea why. On my way going into work I saw a huge, gigantic tree completely uprooted from the ground laying in front of two houses it was on a street adjacent from mine. Edit: on the other hand I also heard what I thought was a transformer blowing. Not sure if the two are connected because power is out over the whole community not just my street.

Yep last advisory and the center didn’t make it to southern Georgia yet. Just went way too far south and then east for much rain further north. Radar looks ok but people don’t realize the surface cad is undercutting the tropical rates aloft. So it’s..very un-tropical like..not a washout unless you are in the main band of rain.

Looks like you might be wrong about low rain totals for your area (looking at radar this morning). No need for the neighbors to put out a birdbath, you can just go flap your wings in your front yard. CACAW!!

Yellows and oranges finally actually breaking into the area. Breezy too. just over 1.5"

Looks like you might be wrong about low rain totals for your area (looking at radar this morning). No need for the neighbors to put out a birdbath, you can just go flap your wings in your front yard. CACAW!!
I think I will be right the radar is very misleading with the CAD lowering the precip rates. Even Brad P just posted this and says much less rain now. 1” mtns, 2” foothills, 3” Charlotte. 16C31546-D554-466C-ACC6-70802704173C.jpeg

Back