• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

Guess we know the NW trend is alive and well. ??? Just a warm up to winter.
Your area tends to do amazing though with the NW trend . Remember taking an intro to meteorology class Freshmen year of college , we were showed a graphic of a typical winter storm setup . Raleigh has a super fat warm nose and freezing rain, Greensboro had the warm nose but thinner so more mixed precip, while Roanoke had no such thing and was straight fatties.

Last edited:
Over 4" here so far. The northern Upstate is being held in with consistent rain and the wind is really picking up out of the North. It says 65 degrees but it feels so much colder.

From WRAL

We are watching two different areas of rotation across Robeson and Columbus counties in the far southern part of the state. These are moving to the northeast and may move into Cumberland and Sampson counties in the hours ahead.

Your area tends to do amazing though with the NW trend . Remember taking an intro to meteorology class Freshmen year of college , we were showed a graphic of a typical winter storm setup . Raleigh has a super fat warm nose and freezing rain, Greensboro had the warm nose but thinner so more mixed precip, while Roanoke had no such thing and was straight fatties.
That's great news considering I spent 45 years of my life on the wrong side of those NW trends in Columbia SC. And yeah I would add that Columbia would see a cold rain in a typical winter storm setup.

Latest update...ex Sally is moving at 24mph and NHC says even faster movement expected tonight.

Sally trying to pull one last act up in north Georgia. I have noticed that my rain gauge back home has picked up another 0.1 inch in the past 15-30 minutes. I wonder how much more may fall.

@NoSnowATL you seeing any more rain?
Yes raining here again. Coming down pretty good at times but the radar isn’t picking it up well.

It's been rainy here all day. I don't see any storms happening this way without getting any clearing at all today.

Back