• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Paulette

It’s a very very small chance this ever hits US but we are approaching the anniversary of Isabel. It managed to landfall despite missing the Herbert Box. The window is quickly going away for a landfall and by Saturday we should know if this could make landfall on Bermuda or not. I sure wouldn’t cancel any beach plans but I would make plans to stay out of the ocean. Below is Isabel becoming annular and overriding all steering influences. Obviously it’s not a true analogue and I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Isabell was a once in a life time track/intensity/etc. B7338BF0-A92D-489C-A7D0-304F88F41AE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting
Yeah, definitely can't take our eye off of this one. Euro getting it just west of Bermuda now, weaker system early on further west, slightly stronger HP, less progressive pattern, any slight deviation could help push this a little further west

EURO close to a Bermuda landfall. Very close actually.

It’s a very very small chance this ever hits US but we are approaching the anniversary of Isabel. It managed to landfall despite missing the Herbert Box. The window is quickly going away for a landfall and by Saturday we should know if this could make landfall on Bermuda or not. I sure wouldn’t cancel any beach plans but I would make plans to stay out of the ocean. Below is Isabel becoming annular and overriding all steering influences. Obviously it’s not a true analogue and I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Isabell was a once in a life time track/intensity/etc. View attachment 48244

I think you’re misconstruing the Herbert Box. It’s only useful for predicting if a strong storm will hit south Florida, not the entire east coast.

I think you’re misconstruing the Herbert Box. It’s only useful for predicting if a strong storm will hit south Florida, not the entire east coast.
True but missing the box really cuts down those chances everywhere IMO esp with Florida taking the majority of all storms.

Not much talk about Paulette, but it should be noted that Bermuda is now under a Hurricane Warning and the NHC has Paulette passing fairly close to the island.2C5656B4-7367-47BF-B92D-697F978C64BD.png

...PAULETTE NOW A HURRICANE... ...STRONG WINDS AND HEAVY RAIN EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON BERMUDA BY SUNDAY EVENING...
11:00 PM AST Sat Sep 12
Moving: WNW at 14 mph
Min pressure: 981 mb
Max sustained: 75 mph

Based on something he said yesterday, I think Andrew lives on Bermuda....

Last edited:
Back