• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Paulette

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
And now for something really wacky, the 12Z Para GEFS has 2 (I think there are ~31 members) Paulette members that hit the SE US! One is a major H and the other is a TS.

Last edited:

Henry2326

Reaction score
And now for something really wacky, the 12Z Para GEFS has 2 (I think there are ~31 members) Paulette members that hit the SE US! One is a major H and the other is a TS.
I'm not surprised......too may storms, with too many variables.....the models can barely manage one storm.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
I’m a bit worried about the “weakening” it’s suppose to do before gaining more strength in the long term. I have seen many storms do that and end up much further west and even scrape the entire east coast.

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
Another oddity with regard to Paulette: although the 12Z CMC ensemble has no member with the wave just off Africa even coming close to the Bahamas and CONUS, it has 4 members (20%) threatening and 2 that hit FL:

Last edited:

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
I have a feeling it’s gonna get well west of Bermuda with each update of the cone. I would go ahead and say waves&rip currents for NC around 60% chance now instead of 0% a few days ago.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
With that said, it should miss the Herbert Box and likely will recurve at some point...but I think it bares watching more than some are

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
The 18Z GEFS has 2 of 21 Paulette members hitting the SE US 9/18-20.

To top that off, the 18Z Para GEFS has 4 of ~31 Paulette members hitting the SE US 9/18-20 with Hs, some major..

Last edited:

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
It’s a very very small chance this ever hits US but we are approaching the anniversary of Isabel. It managed to landfall despite missing the Herbert Box. The window is quickly going away for a landfall and by Saturday we should know if this could make landfall on Bermuda or not. I sure wouldn’t cancel any beach plans but I would make plans to stay out of the ocean. Below is Isabel becoming annular and overriding all steering influences. Obviously it’s not a true analogue and I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Isabell was a once in a life time track/intensity/etc. B7338BF0-A92D-489C-A7D0-304F88F41AE7.jpeg

Last edited:

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting
Yeah, definitely can't take our eye off of this one. Euro getting it just west of Bermuda now, weaker system early on further west, slightly stronger HP, less progressive pattern, any slight deviation could help push this a little further west

tramadoc

Reaction score
It’s a very very small chance this ever hits US but we are approaching the anniversary of Isabel. It managed to landfall despite missing the Herbert Box. The window is quickly going away for a landfall and by Saturday we should know if this could make landfall on Bermuda or not. I sure wouldn’t cancel any beach plans but I would make plans to stay out of the ocean. Below is Isabel becoming annular and overriding all steering influences. Obviously it’s not a true analogue and I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Isabell was a once in a life time track/intensity/etc. View attachment 48244
I think you’re misconstruing the Herbert Box. It’s only useful for predicting if a strong storm will hit south Florida, not the entire east coast.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
I think you’re misconstruing the Herbert Box. It’s only useful for predicting if a strong storm will hit south Florida, not the entire east coast.
True but missing the box really cuts down those chances everywhere IMO esp with Florida taking the majority of all storms.

BufordWX

Hometown: Buford, GA
Reaction score
Not much talk about Paulette, but it should be noted that Bermuda is now under a Hurricane Warning and the NHC has Paulette passing fairly close to the island. 2C5656B4-7367-47BF-B92D-697F978C64BD.png

Reaction score
...PAULETTE NOW A HURRICANE... ...STRONG WINDS AND HEAVY RAIN EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON BERMUDA BY SUNDAY EVENING...
11:00 PM AST Sat Sep 12
Moving: WNW at 14 mph
Min pressure: 981 mb
Max sustained: 75 mph

Henry2326

Reaction score
Based on something he said yesterday, I think Andrew lives on Bermuda....

Last edited: