• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

That's the 00z eps

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Like I said - I'm living in a cave ... pardon me ... :confused:
Still headed over to Cedar Key tomorrow night ... could be a bit squally come Saturday, though ...

Last edited:
Horrible graphic
aa953c7f243a201c6bcf0b68f5de091c.jpg

like i said - i'm living in a cave ... pardon me ... :confused:
It's alright, the next run will be 100 miles east or west of the last run! Looks like 100% chance it hits the US, gotta focus on intensity now.

It's amazing how the GFS and Euro and their ensembles are worlds apart . We are talking landfall Saturday .......

Euro and the EPS are essentially lock step on a central panhandle landfall. Which, IMO, is most likely destination.
Eps shifted west but I agree the panhandle seems the likely landing spot . Timing is important . The GFS is fast with the system allowing for it to get west before the trough moves in. The euro is almost 24 hours slower with the system allowing the trough to move in and turn nate NE. Lots of moving parts

Watches will likely be issued for parts of the gulf coast tomorrow

This eps run most members keep the system above 980mb that would be great
c7c792c21c15e552ab131bbb41fbbd2a.jpg

I thought this was a fast moving storm. How come the rain fall is expected to be high inland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Environmental conditions look quite favorable for strengthening over
the next few days, with low shear and very warm and deep water in
the path of the cyclone. The various rapid intensification indices
are all higher than the last cycle, suggesting an increasing chance
of rapid intensification occurring.

5pm track close to the Euro, landfall around Panama City

If I learned anything this hurricane season, it's the NHC official forecast has been very good. They have been leaning toward the Euro solutions and adjusting accordingly, but overall they have verified well. Living and dying by each model run's track seems to be futile.

Could this system develop into a cat 2 or 3 in time before making landfall?

All I can add is that models have seriously under developed with regards to intensity this year and how quick they strengthen... Will this be the case here well we will be finding out next 48 hours or so

I thought this was a fast moving storm. How come the rain fall is expected to be high inland?

Unseasonably high PWATS, the potential for a weak remnant cold front, and upper divergence from the incoming trough will promote rain well ahead of the system. Pretty decent PRE setup

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back