• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Is it just for this one county in your area,? Trying to keep my sister in Apex up to date. They just looking like a lot of rain , as of now?
A TS watch has been added for a large part of the Eastern half of the NE Piedmont from Wake County Eastward Because Wake County is now also under a tropical storm watch as well.

@Tarheel1 as @ncskywarn mentioned and other maps show, it's a large part of C/E NC, weird how when you click on any individual county the TS Watch is specific for that county only. Was misleading when I posted that

Call me crazy but I'm not enthused by the rain chances. Its early in the tropical game and I remember dennis and floyd very well. Soaking the ground now with who knows what's to come later gives me flashbacks.

Not to mention a widespread TS wind even weakening trees for a bigger system later could also spell trouble if we get a worse system.later.

Yeah models typically don't handle this terribly well either
If memory serves me correct this is what happened with Floyd in 1999... it got to just off the Georgia coast and then developed a huge rain shield to its north and northwest that reached all the way to southern New England eventually.... there were hours of heavy rain over the same areas before the eye ever got close

If memory serves me correct this is what happened with Floyd in 1999... it got to just off the Georgia coast and then developed a huge rain shield to its north and northwest that reached all the way to southern New England eventually.... there were hours of heavy rain over the same areas before the eye ever got close

Hazel as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Floyd's interaction with the trough had a precip shield all the way up the eastern seaboard while it was still off the coast of Fl

1596383357180.png

Gonna be interesting and has the potential to change downrange impacts if that center stays off Florida by 50 miles
Totally agree and the NHC kind of left the door open to possible intensification

Despite very unfavorable vertical
shear conditions of 25-30 kt the past couple of days, the cyclone
has managed to hold together, which is an indication that the system
has a deep, well-formed vertical circulation. While some slight
intensification is possible if the shear decreases, the official
forecast calls for the intensity to remain steady until landfall
occurs in the Carolinas in 36 hours or so.

Yeah Floyd's interaction with the trough had a precip shield all the way up the eastern seaboard while it was still off the coast of Fl

View attachment 45822
That’s the radar picture I was thinking of. Of course it looks like the trough axis will be just a bit further west as will the storm track.

Back