• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Insane rates now going to bust the 2-4” forecast with this initial upslope

I feel like the bust potential here is on the upside. We are expecting a strong TS and gusts 40 to 50s and a few inches of rain.

If this intensifies up to landfall and makes it back to even 75 to 80mph then our weather only increases.

Last edited:
You can clearly see the afternoon convection in the West side bands over FL, and the Eastern GOM flare and rapid east moving blow off from the cells including one near the convection blob that is Isaias...

With that side, RECON has found a large area of 65kt+ FL Level vectors well away from the LLC closer to the mid level center.

The shear is keeping Isaias in check meanwhile seemingly giving Isaias an environment to produce exceptionally strong convection

Based on ATCF, like the next advisory is going to peg Isaias as a 60 kt/70 mph tropical storm w/ a minimum central pressure of 994mb. Hurricane warnings may be on the way for parts of southern North & South Carolina

You can clearly see the afternoon convection in the West side bands over FL, and the Eastern GOM flare and rapid east moving blow off from the cells including one near the convection blob that is Isaias...

With that side, RECON has found a large area of 65kt+ FL Level vectors well away from the LLC closer to the mid level center.

The shear is keeping Isaias in check meanwhile seemingly giving Isaias an environment to produce exceptionally strong convection

This expanding windfield on the east side could play havoc as this thing rides up 95.

Based on ATCF, like the next advisory is going to peg Isaias as a 60 kt/70 mph tropical storm w/ a minimum central pressure of 994mb. Hurricane warnings may be on the way for parts of southern North & South Carolina

I think us here (by looking at current model runs) are going to be too far east to catch anything bad.

I feel like the bust potential here is on the upside. We are expecting a strong TS and gusts 40 to 50s and a few inches of rain.

If this intensifies up to landfall and makes it back to even 75 to 80mph then our weather only increases.

That's what I am worried about, too. What's it going to do in between Florida and here, especially with the track once it comes in NC.

Could we see heavy rain in Clarendon and Orangeburg counties in SC? I’m confused because now models are moving the rain toward the coast.

westerly shear still strong, look at the thunderstorms tops on the west coast of Florida getting blown off....so holding steady is about the best one could expect and if the MLC flare ups back off at all this is a naked swirl again...still if it can maintain for another 12-18 hrs there will be a window for this thing to get its crap together into landfall.

westerly shear still strong, look at the thunderstorms tops on the west coast of Florida getting blown off....so holding steady is about the best one could expect and if the MLC flare ups back off at all this is a naked swirl again...still if it can maintain for another 12-18 hrs there will be a window for this thing to get its crap together into landfall.

I said the same thing on the last page,?
Yeah, it's undercutting shear beneath the outflow higher up.

That same shear though seems to be aiding in vigorous convection. Isaias has a stout circulation and PWATS exceed 3"!

It comes down now to how far west the LLC can get before the recurve back begins...

I said the same thing on the last page,?
Yeah, it's undercutting shear beneath the outflow higher up.

That same shear though seems to be aiding in vigorous convection. Isaias has a stout circulation and PWATS exceed 3"!

It comes down now to how far west the LLC can get before the recurve back begins...

Yeah at this point I no longer think the LLC will tuck under or be pulled under the MLC. Just too much shear. If the LLC doesnt turn north by the time it reaches the space coast then it will have alot less.water to work with once it turns that corner and starts heading north.

Back