• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

It is worth noting that if the HRRR is right again (as it had Isaias starting to look better around this time) it has Isaias looking like this in about 11 hours:

View attachment 45754

And has some steady development through the night, so we'll see what happens.
Current IR sat looks eerily similar....

This thing either reorganizes under the MLC off the coast or its toast...if it does that then the SC/NC border landfall's we see on many models with a more N movement right up the I95 hwy 17 corridor.....still I wont lie I expected it to be nothing when I woke up so it looks way better on sat than I was expecting.

Also that Ukie sure is consistent with landfall and strength and has been the model to keep it east of Florida, and frankly climo wise its the most likely, storm stays 100 or so miles or more offshore of the SE north of central Florida and plows into the SC/NC border heading NNE, I mean its a favored track for a reason....also its wind clown maps are woof.

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2020080200_63_480_379.png

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2020080200_66_480_379.png

@Webberweather53 If the center does move closer to grand bahama under the deeper storms then that would have to be a somewhat significant development. At least in the since of track up the east coast.

Attachments

• 20200802_094324.jpg
    20200802_094324.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 17
There is a period of time where this system is E of the Ga coast and the shear backs off a little bit. At the same time you have the system in the right entrance of the jet. This would be the window for quick intensification as well as blossoming a large precip shield north of the track. gfs_uv250_seus_7 (1).png

As this moves north from here we are likely to see the precipitation shift to LOT toward the trough axis with help from the increasing jet streak to the northgfs_uv250_us_9.png

Imo, Tropical Storm Hanna (2008) is a pretty good analog for what we can generally anticipate area-wide w/ Isaias tomorrow night into Tuesday morning in the Carolinas.

I remember this one well. Sat on the apartment balcony and watched it rain buckets with nearly constant lightning. The wind didn't start really ripping until we almost got on the back side of the system and rain tapered down

Imo, Tropical Storm Hanna (2008) is a pretty good analog for what we can generally anticipate area-wide w/ Isaias tomorrow night into Tuesday morning in the Carolinas.

Hanna was my first tropical experience after moving from Charlotte. Charlotte gets jack diddly squat in terms of tropical weather . I very much remember Hanna ! The girl and the storm .

There is a period of time where this system is E of the Ga coast and the shear backs off a little bit. At the same time you have the system in the right entrance of the jet. This would be the window for quick intensification as well as blossoming a large precip shield north of the track. View attachment 45800

As this moves north from here we are likely to see the precipitation shift to LOT toward the trough axis with help from the increasing jet streak to the northView attachment 45802

Yeah models typically don't handle this terribly well either

Back