• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Well, I don't know what to say about this storm....other than it looks pretty bad right now. Convection is warming, low level center looks like its moving WNW....

My hunch is in about a few hours, convection will explode on the eastern side again once the center clears away from Abacos Island...

My hunch is in about a few hours, convection will explode on the eastern side again once the center clears away from Abacos Island...

It would be nice for a convective blow up to pull the LLC back under it once the shear let's up a little.

Sure looks pretty severely decoupled with hints of the MLC in the remaining convection and the LLC being puked out to the west. About as ugly as it gets right now if you ask me.

The head has been chopped off the snake.

So @Webberweather53 what's the Ukmet seeing that allows it to landfall over Florida and weaken to 1000mb and then go bombs away as it races north into Wilmington with a 978 pressure?

Not sure I buy restrengthening at least in the short term although it is the Florida straits I also highly doubt it's 75 mph right now though lol

giphy.gif
Im Sure some of y'all are excited and ready

Did I somehow miss the 1:00 PM run of the Euro? I didn't see the track from that run here.

So @Webberweather53 what's the Ukmet seeing that allows it to landfall over Florida and weaken to 1000mb and then go bombs away as it races north into Wilmington with a 978 pressure?
Deep layer shear becomes unidirectional and weaker than it is now, and the storm develops a nice poleward outflow channel into the mid latitude jet. Some intensification is possible if isaias manages to go back over water after Florida

Reactions: SD
We will have our answer about these paths soon enough. If weakening continues certainly seems like significant interaction over Florida could be in the cards.

Back