• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Pat few 0z/12z GFS runs, correcting west as usual. Interesting seeing the strengthening right before landfall in the Carolina's...Euro has that too.

View attachment 45716View attachment 45715

Interaction w/ a mid-latitude jet streak over the TN valley and the Apps will give it a boost and having unidirectional, deep-layer shear

How does that effect the winds being able to mix down?

The thermally direct circulation and forced ascent caused by Isaias's juxtaposition wrt the mid-latitude jet enhances upper level divergence and entices the development of deep convection which mixes the winds down. It'll be key to see how intense Isaias is by the time it's turning north near Florida's east coast

Isaias's low-level center is about 75-100 km SSW of the forecast points for this time via the 6z HMON & HWRF. Expecting major westward shifts in guidance the next few cycles

The forthcoming westward shift in guidance should put basically all of central NC (even areas beyond Charlotte & the Triad) in play for significant wind/rain on Tuesday.

Yeah i was hoping for a strong cat one right where the gfs goes at 12z. My Hope's of that are gone

Well, I don't know what to say about this storm....other than it looks pretty bad right now. Convection is warming, low level center looks like its moving WNW....

It won’t start moving NW until it gets more stacked again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back