• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

About to close off the eye, so shear or not this thing has put in work today and continued to become better organized.......the deeper and stronger it gets the further east in track guidance it will go.....I would caution the central and eastern NC peeps to keep thinking along the lines of this staying far enough off Florida to make a run at NC as a Cat 1/2 cane.....

Looking at modeling the models that get the current pressure closest stay east and are bigger threats to NC, something like the 12Z HMON for example.....recon is about to sample the center and I suspect they find pressure down a bit and dropping....

18Z GFS rides practically the entire FL/GA/SC coast until going well inland into NE SC and then into NC.

Any thoughts about the dry air that some storm2k guys were talking about (one being a met)?

Dry air can hurt a tropical system but I’ve also seen circumstances where the storm develops a solid core and walls itself off from the dry air as well. The biggest issue with dry air is if strong shear is injecting it into the core of the storm imo.

Thought someone who isn’t familiar with canes might like to see this.

88c34e3ff46404940aa33b5cbeeb15be.jpg

Back