• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtesy Allan Huffman via twitter...
Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

who uncancelled the hurricane season? lmao

I scrolled back somewhere else in a Texas thread 11 days ago and people were lamenting how storms never happen in the Western Gulf and the Atlantic just isn't interesting anymore :eek:

Cat 2 in 2 days... this is going to get strong fast.
I'm honestly surprised how fast it has intensified here, considering the environment after a few days won't get any worse, I wouldn't be shocked if Puerto Rico and the northern islands are staring down the barrel of or are just south of a category 4 monster in about a week

this could already be a hurricane

I am shocked for the 2nd time in 5 days by the atlantic and this one is just getting started

9_Hk_AQWm.jpg

If it bombs out and goes major hurricane in the Atlantic, best it does it in the middle of the ocean, it won't be able to sustain itself on the 4-5 day track towards the US, if it ever is a threat!

I think Irma will start to gain speed. The reason why I think that is becuase a faster moving TC rapidly gains strength vs a slower moving TC.

A realistic speed that I'm thinking is 20-25mph. It possibly could start moving at that speed late this weekend. From the 5pm update, Irma is already moving at 15mph.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back