• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

100939_peak_surge.png

They shifted the surge south and increased the heights to 12ft. A shift south would be good for Tampa but many of the areas south are at a lower sea level. Port Charlotte is only 7ft.

One thing that is a little worrisome is the NHC has been fantastic at getting these tracks nailed down, but has struggled with intensity. I see no reason why that isn't going to be the case here again. Nothing really holding it back from getting to 150mph peak.

I honestly think the ICON is on to something. It’s track been pretty consistent also.
As much as I blast the ICON, it’s hard to ignore it with the UK being so similar and other models moving in that direction. As for getting stronger before a possible SC landfall, I think it will all depend on how long the center is over water and if it gets any influence with the Gulf Stream.

As much as I blast the ICON, it’s hard to ignore it with the UK being so similar and other models moving in that direction. As for getting stronger before a possible SC landfall, I think it will all depend on how long the center is over water and if it gets any influence with the Gulf Stream.
Exactly. At the end of the day the biggest thing that drives these things is the fuel and ocean water temps. The gulf stream and waters off the SC and Georgia coast are in the mid 80's which is plenty to help get it's act together again. A potential 2nd landfall as a category 1 hurricane isn't out of the question in my book if it makes it off the coast.

Back