• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

p168i.gif

Widespread 5-7" totals now from WPC for all of SC/NC and majority of Georgia. Really got to feel for Florida as that is a swath of 10-20" totals from the WPC on top of Storm Surge.

There would almost have to be zero eastward wobbles, jogs, movement for it to hit Tampa... I'm going to lean Cape Coral.

View attachment 122257
Also I’m sure we will have new blow up thunderstorms surrounding the center as we move over water and those are known to knock it around and I assume could shift it a bit N or even NW for a bit.

Again short term movement so maybe no huge deal, land interaction could play a role in this, but obvious some eastward of due north movement as noted by recon fixes

recon_NOAA2-2009A-IAN.png
Yeah on visible his short term he definitely has a slight eastward component to movement. Not sure any models had that

Last edited:
What can be expected in Orlando this far inland? I'm stuck at Disney (staying off property). I'm not concerned with flooding as much I am wind damage with power out. I'm not home so I can't prepare other than getting food and water. I'm on the 6th floor of a hotel, so that should provide for some interesting views. My flight was supposed to leave tomorrow. Doubt that happens

Back