• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Incoming troughs make this the most likely outcome. The upstate and western and central NC would get rocked in that setup.
I kind of agree. I think it may end up a little farther west, though. We've been in a pattern of repeating ridging building in over the SE. That may not happen so vigorously this time, but I'm giving that a little more weight right now. Maybe landfall western panhandle and then up through AL and TN, then kicked right by an incoming trough.

ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_10.png

12z Euro has a high end Cat 1 into the western Florida pensunla.

Ughhhh a 957 mb hurricane is not a cat 1….. you’re pushing major hurricane at that point and as we’ve seen for better part of half a decade, these models and the NHC really struggle with intensity has hurricanes have done the opposite and gotten stronger the closer they approach the coast.

Ughhhh a 957 mb hurricane is not a cat 1….. you’re pushing major hurricane at that point and as we’ve seen for better part of half a decade, these models and the NHC really struggle with intensity has hurricanes have done the opposite and gotten stronger the closer they approach the coast.

Yeah and never look at the globals for intensity either

Like Shane said. A very interesting situation developing. Lots of potential possibilities here. If it makes it too the GOM I woukd
Favor the central and eastern GOM at this moment***. Major bust potential and nada to central Mexico. We shall see.
I could see a major in the GOM

Be vigilant for the next week with this system. It has potential to become a monstrous hurricane. Drought busting for some also imo

This one is going into the gulf , and will get shunted west into Mexico! The trough will be weaker than modeled and miss it, it’ll limp West, imo

Back