• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

I can confirm the 70+ DPs in the east, sitting at 73/73 and PGV hit 75/75 about a half hour ago, far cry from what it felt like for most of the day. Crazy system indeed, it honestly looked post tropical coming off the east coast of FL. It’s going to take awhile for the wind field to die down.

The COC looks to be headed for a direct crossing of CLT metro! We’re models showing it that far west? Thought center was going up through Greensboro from what I saw this AM?View attachment 122710
I think that’s a mid-level circulation. The surface COC is over by Fayetteville…. I’ve got winds out of the north now which means center is to my east and I’m in eastern Union Co., NC

Things have started to calm down in the last fifteen minutes or so. That last band that rolled through really put down the rain. I have over five inches in the gauge now with a reading of 5.33 inches! There are puddles on the lawn now which rarely happens here. And most miraculously of all we didn't lose power with this storm as intense as it was for a tropical storm in my general vicinity.

Gentleman from Duke energy just mentioned on the WRAL coverage that some folks will likely be without power for several days.

Yep, I was just looking over their outage map and I doubt many expected Wake and several other counties along the 40 corridor to be approaching a 20% outage rate. A few of the outages had restore times earlier but they now just show assessment underway.

Rainfall really racking up quick here. Those bands have not let up at all. Looks like the northern upstate will get hit with the pivot on top of what was rotating in from east to west for most of the last 6 hours. 2-4” along and east of highway 25 looks to be the dividing line between big rain and less than 1”

Yep, I was just looking over their outage map and I doubt many expected Wake and several other counties along the 40 corridor to be approaching a 20% outage rate. A few of the outages had restore times earlier but they now just show assessment underway.
We had power come back on about 2 hrs ago for a few moments. Gives me hope that is an indication they are working in the area.

Back