• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Those bands rotating through now aren’t moving and this is the strongest winds of the day which is saying something because there’s a tons of limbs and some trees already down all across highway 11 and 14.

What a day probably one of the more notable wind events for our area in quite a while! Very exciting weather day for sure. This rain to top it off is absolutely amazing too after the weeks of dry weather we have had. I’m still seeing some solid gusts and noticing that the tall trees are feeling it the most. Although the frequency has come down. Still with this heavy rain we’re seeing any gust could start causing even more problems. Glad to be off the road now. Roads were trashed with twigs and leaves and small sticks. Like after a derecho moved through. Stellar day all together.

Those bands rotating through now aren’t moving and this is the strongest winds of the day which is saying something because there’s a tons of limbs and some trees already down all across highway 11 and 14.
Looks like the Saluda river will be the dividing line here in upstate SC. Not very much will get west of there. Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties doing very well with this. The west jog that put the center into Georgetown instead of Mrytle Beach helped a lot.

Wind seems to be kicking up a little here on the coast again. Getting a SSE wind directly off the water. I would love to know the actual windspeed but the unreliable ASOS is down again.

The COC looks to be headed for a direct crossing of CLT metro! We’re models showing it that far west? Thought center was going up through Greensboro from what I saw this AM?65830B47-631F-42E2-9113-F6D48EACD339.png

Amazing what a difference 2 counties to the west makes. I've had very little wind today and just started getting some light rain about an hour ago. Up to a total of.04! ?
Looks like more making it's way on the radar but it's been a non event here.

Back