• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. My power is usually out by now. The lights have flickered a number of times but it's still on?.
Me too. I've been sitting on the front porch for an hour and haven't seen anything in the 50s yet.

My power is still out here on Lake Wheeler. Large tree limb fell in our front yard and smashed my favorite planter. Wind also knocked over the basketball goal into the driveway.
I'm not too far away from you, probably about three miles as the crow flies. I have a large one down in my backyard too.

5"-7" of rain in the 2 bands that hit here today. Power held serve, but many are without power.
Several 60mph+ gusts, Charleston WFO had a sustained 51mph gusts to 68mph at 2pm.
Folly Beach highest wind of 93mph.

For those interested, I created extended radar loops of both Florida and South Carolina Landfalls.

Gusty here but I haven't seen it that strong yet. No thunder. We still have power, which is unbelievable.

Looks like we're going to be in the clear in a couple of hours.
There simply is no rain associated with these yellow and red bands. Right over my head, and a mist at best.

Back