• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Looks decoupled, mid level rotation over land, surface still hasn't made landfall. Am I seeing that right? Tracking a hybrid is annoying almost as annoying as seeing gust that make the trees sway and my PWS recording a 14 mph gust ?
Mine does the same. I'm sure the wind is accurate, it's just too close to the ground. Official stations all around have recorded gusts into the 30s. But I'm guessing they're at the proper height. Maybe yours is too. Mine, however, is not. It's roughly 2 meters above the surface. Highest gust so far was 21 about 2 hours ago. Since then, I've had more frequent gusts into the teens.

I figured that my head is about 2 meters above the surface and so I wanted to know how fast the wind that I'm feeling is blowing. I don't care about what's going on in the treetops! :D

Mine does the same. I'm sure the wind is accurate, it's just too close to the ground. Official stations all around have recorded gusts into the 30s. But I'm guessing they're at the proper height. Maybe yours is too. Mine, however, is not. It's roughly 2 meters above the surface. Highest gust so far was 21 about 2 hours ago. Since then, I've had more frequent gusts into the teens.
8 ft up. I came so close to moving it to top of house just for this storm. Oh well I'll stop complaining about it lol

Web cam from the campground at North Myrtle that my family stays at when we go there. Water is starting to come over the dunes and the campground is flooded.

8 ft up. I came so close to moving it to top of house just for this storm. Oh well I'll stop complaining about it lol
I do not have a anemometer with my weather station. Even if I did, it would be impossible to get accurate wind measurements with all of the trees in and around my yard. I love the benefits of having trees shading my house, especially during those days when the thermometer is sitting around 100 degrees outside but the yardwork after a storm like this is makes me think about calling a tree service and getting them removed sometimes.

Definitely getting more impressive gusts with these recent bands. I think once we start seeing those higher reflectivity bands move through we should see some of those consistent gusts that are being reported down south..

No Lf just yet and movement due north, also how accurate is that TS extent orange area they use?

2:00 PM EDT Fri Sep 30
Moving: N at 15 mph
Min pressure: 977 mb
Max sustained: 85 mph

1664561061087.png

These bands are really going to start bringing those winds down to the surface .. we should get more reports of tropical storm force wind gusts moving north over the next couple hours. C43CFFB7-37A6-4CF6-BF4E-D9240BB712C7.png

Business is definitely picking up. It's unrelentingly loud outside. You can hear the wind above and from different directions. Pretty cool to experience. Biggest gust just now at 25. Should get bumpier through the afternoon. Rainfal is just over 1.5". Rates have been unimpressive.

Screenshot_20220930-140202_Tempest.jpg

Back