• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Bouy about a few miles south of Me,,

Wind Direction (WDIR): NNE ( 30 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 35.0 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 40.0 kts
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 29.58 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): -0.13 in ( Falling Rapidly )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 70.9 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 73.0 °F
Wind Speed at 10 meters (WSPD10M): 36.9 kts
Wind Speed at 20 meters (WSPD20M): 38.9 kts

View attachment 122658

Pressure definitely below 980mb now. My goodness
This deepening right before landfall and hitting the coast at perpendicular angle is gonna add to that storm surge to the right of where the center comes ashore. That happened two years ago at Oak Island with Isaias… I was there on vacation and we literally went in a matter of 8 hours from not even being in a hurricane warning to seeing the storm surge equivalent of a category 2 storm

I was looking at wind gust graphs for several of the weather models for Raleigh/Durham and all of them showed peak gusts for the storm over 50 miles per hour with the NAM and a couple of the other models over 60 MPH. Things could get interesting here if these models verify.
Many of the local forecasters are showing peak gusts at around 50 MPH. Whatever happens, things will be rocking and rolling some for the next ten hours or so in this area.

Hhhrrr still pretty rock solid bringing the system into NC tonight just west of the Triangle. Could be out to lunch idk
Looks decoupled, mid level rotation over land, surface still hasn't made landfall. Am I seeing that right? Tracking a hybrid is annoying almost as annoying as seeing gust that make the trees sway and my PWS recording a 14 mph gust ?

Back