• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

It's going to be impressive around here this afternoon and evening. I'm not sure people are prepared for what we get
Man, I’ve had that thought for the last 24 hours. I’m glad we prepped but I don’t think the public in general is very concerned.

Meanwhile, Duke just cancelled classes for the first time since Florence.

Man, I’ve had that thought for the last 24 hours. I’m glad we prepped but I don’t think the public in general is very concerned.

Meanwhile, Duke just cancelled classes for the first time since Florence.
Yeah I'm at the office this morning to close out the quarter and every one here is like oh it'll just be a gust of wind or 2 and I'm like orly?

I think we will see a few max gusts in the 60-65 maybe 70 range with a lot of 50+ which would be one of our bigger tropical system wind events in a while

Yeah as we've seen time and time again, really tightening up as it approaches land (I'm sure land friction plays a role) but those warm gulf stream waters don't hurt. Looks due north too

edit: maybe on radar looks NNW now

Is Recon now finding pressures sub 980mb?

recon_AF304-3109A-IAN_timeseries.png

Up to about 3 inches of rain here. Looks like we will be in a lull for a bit. Tide still running about 1 ft higher than usual on Bogue Sound. Wind still NE, maybe gusting to around 30 mph. After this break we will have to start watching for cells coming off the water for rotation.

MSLP: 1007.4

Up to about 3 inches of rain here. Looks like we will be in a lull for a bit. Tide still running about 1 ft higher than usual on Bogue Sound. Wind still NE, maybe gusting to around 30 mph. After this break we will have to start watching for cells coming off the water for rotation.

MSLP: 1007.4
the crystal coast sure did seem like ground zero for severe yesterday on the 3k

Back