• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

20222730831-20222731226-GOES16-GLM-SE-EXTENT3-600x600.gif

No surprise at all, it would have to hook hard left right now for that not too happen and I'll not be shocked to see it a little NE of that
It’s a nor’easter now though. Not sure what benefit we are even getting with being further east at this point other than it being even more drizzly and miserable .

It’s a nor’easter now though. Not sure what benefit we are even getting with being further east at this point other than it being even more drizzly and miserable .
I think the core still has some tropical characteristics, so that could still be a little more impactful along the coast with exact landfall. It will also still have a core of stronger winds that exact landfall will determine where a few of the strongest gust are, overall it means nothing for you and I as far as our backyards go but I like tracking regardless of that

I think the core still has some tropical characteristics, so that could still be a little more impactful along the coast with exact landfall. It will also still have a core of stronger winds that exact landfall will determine where a few of the strongest gust are, overall it means nothing for you and I as far as our backyards go but I like tracking regardless of that
Also helps enhance the rain numbers for us Central nc peeps

Also helps enhance the rain numbers for us Central nc peeps
Yep, plus with that thunderstorm activity in the center I bet it's still tropical at this point, hybrid sure but still tropical system. Idk if nor'easters have that much lightning in the center. Recon should give some good info

I hate that my best location for my tempest is still somewhat blocked from N and NE winds. I'm tempted to relocate today temporarily so I can get a better reading ?
Do you find precip accuracy issues with your tempest? I find they do well with lighter/moderate rain, but heavy rain the totals are soooo bad.

Do you find precip accuracy issues with your tempest? I find they do well with lighter/moderate rain, but heavy rain the totals are soooo bad.
Actually best I can tell precip has been fairly accurate, nothing glaring to me there that stands out.... I will say it got better once I turned the Rain Check feature off (I'm in rural area that seems less accurate when there aren't other stations close by)

I feel like so far the winds have been fairly calm here in apex .. not noticeable at all as of right now and barely seeing the trees sway.. assuming we have to wait to get into some heavier bands but we’ve had .5 so far here so that’s nice

Back