• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

And btw that was a significant jump eastward on the GFS with the track, last 3 runs
View attachment 122632
Been playing catch up the entire time. Didn't they just do a big upgrade and add a super computer or something? They need to do a case study how bad the models have done with Ian

202209301210.gif

I'm no met, but (some) models have shown it getting cut off over NC. This allows the lower (50s) dew points to rotate completely around the storm.
View attachment 122634
It'll be transitioning quickly to ET, arguably already occurring, and with that cooler/drier air intrusion you'll get an occluded front pushing those DPs back east. If this was your typical TC in that position there would be a serious severe threat for CNC and ENC
of course I'm no met either, just a wannabe :p

It'll be transitioning quickly to ET, arguably already occurring, and with that cooler/drier air intrusion you'll get an occluded front pushing those DPs back east. If this was your typical TC in that position there would be a serious severe threat for CNC and ENC
of course I'm no met either, just a wannabe :p
Yeah, it's basically a noreaster now....there could be a good "thump" of winds/rain/surge along the coast but probably not more than what they have seen in the past. A good soaking rain inland NC/SC. Hopefully, the winds won't be enough to cause any major disruptions.

Back