• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Time : 092020 UTC

CI# /Pressure/ Vmax
3.2 / 981mb / 49kts

Final T# Adj T# Raw T#
2.2 (-.1) 2.3 (+.3) 2.3 (+.3)

usatlant.fc.gif

29 C = 84.2 F
27 C = 80.6 F

fl_sea_sfc_temps.jpg

ohc_naQG3_ddc.gif

Going to be interesting to see recon they should be there is a hr or so.....decent little attempt at firing storms on the center ongoing...so maybe trying to hold on to being a true tropical system....though you got to start wondering about things like "sting" jets and other things that tend to happen to these systems as they go extra tropical....typically that happens north of us here in NC.

Maybe someone hit a power pole with their car? Cause if 25 mph winds knock out power there yall in for a long day....
No it flickered several times last night. Our power goes out ALL the time. Whatever configuration they have in our are is absolutely horrible. Highest gust from my Tempest was 14.

No it flickered several times last night. Our power goes out ALL the time. Whatever configuration they have in our are is absolutely horrible. Highest gust from my Tempest was 14.

Yeah for me its the opposite, it takes hrs of winds in the 50-60 range to lose power here, lots of buried lines in these here parts....learned our lesson back in the 90's with Bertha, Fran, Floyd etc etc....

Time : 095020 UTC

CI# /Pressure/ Vmax
3.2 / 981mb / 49kts

Final T# Adj T# Raw T#
2.3 (+.1) 2.8 (+.5) 3.4 (+1.1)

30 min ago
Final T# Adj T# Raw T#
2.2 (-.1) 2.3 (+.3) 2.3 (+.3)

Yeah for me its the opposite, it takes hrs of winds in the 50-60 range to lose power here, lots of buried lines in these here parts....learned our lesson back in the 90's with Bertha, Fran, Floyd etc etc....

All concrete and steel poles going down hwy 24 in Carteret County and hwy 58 on the beach side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All concrete and steel poles going down hwy 24 in Carteret County and hwy 58 on the beach side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same around here on the main runs, power will go out then come back on numerous times but it usually takes several hrs of strong TS conditions to lose power, we never lost power in Matthew even though we gusted into the 50's for several hrs....Irene took us out for a day or so....I have not lost power due to a storm for more than a hr or two since Matthew.

I can’t remember a time when there was a hurricane off the SC coast and temps were around 60, I got down to 59.4 overnight.

IMO Ian shed most of his tropical characteristics right after emerging off the Cape yesterday, basing on radar and satellite, the interaction with the front was pretty clear about the time he came off the FL coast.

I can’t remember a time when there was a hurricane off the SC coast and temps were around 60, I got down to 59.4 overnight.

IMO Ian shed most of his tropical characteristics right after emerging off the Cape yesterday, basing on radar and satellite, the interaction with the front was pretty clear about the time he came off the FL coast.
Yep. Rain is my focus (need it bad), but it will be interesting to see how the temps respond as the storm pushes on shore today. Most models have different solutions on how (and how long) the tropical air pushes into central NC.

How are our winds looking throughout the day?

Back