• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

How about the south side of the storm being basically eroded by dry air? Wouldn’t that effect track as well. I know the stronger the more poleward but with the trough pulling out and the dry air intrusion I’m not sure it will be enough to gain as much latitude as being shown. Although I’m not as well versed as some, I’m just giving my best educated guess based off of what I see.
We are in the same boat in regards to the dry and how it may effect track.

We are in the same boat in regards to the dry and how it may effect track.
Okay so your thoughts is that the south side being dry and eroded helps it gain a more northern track? I would have thought that would keep it weaker this not as much as a northern track. I can admit I have no clue what it going et would do as I have never read up on those effects. School me up as I love learning about weather.

This is what's going on under the hood in the transition

trop1_orig.jpg

Okay so your thoughts is that the south side being dry and eroded helps it gain a more northern track? I would have thought that would keep it weaker this not as much as a northern track. I can admit I have no clue what it going et would do as I have never read up on those effects. School me up as I love learning about weather.
At this point I have no.idea how the dry would change his track. I saying north because he has ways been on the right side of forecast and that trend has held true for 3 days. Gefs, eps are shifting north.

I think deepening is real risk due to interaction with the jet and beginning the extratropical transition so some of those stronger members could certainly be correct. Storms firing north of the center now. Still looks NNE or NE to me for the LLC
Another thing to keep in mind… that’s a legitimate high pressure moving into the Northeast. That should block things up from coming too far north. For just once this winter can we move a strong high into that location with this plenty of moisture moving in… lol

Back