• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

0z was pretty ugly in terms of overall precip here. That dry punch is going to shut off the rain fairly rapidly here, if the system comes in near CHS and tracks toward the upstate. We probably end up between 1-3".
I'm the biggest euro truther out there but boy does it stink low on qpf a lot

I know it's very disorganized this morning and difficult to pinpoint the center but the back edge to the cloud deck is halfway across Fl. This thing going to be over water before noon easily
Looks like the center is here and should be offshore soon. It's going to take a while though for all the kings horses and men to put humpty dumpty together1664454918306.png.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the center is here and should be offshore soon. It's going to take a while though for all the kings horses and men to put humpty dumpty together
I'm having a difficult time finding any model that had it that far south along the Fl east coast

Looks like the center is here and should be offshore soon. It's going to take a while though for all the kings horses and men to put humpty dumpty together

Ian will need to fire some storms on the center and really take advantage of that warm water.....still right now there is no organized core at all really, the chances he is able to put it back together seems rather low.....if he does continue his trend of being right of track however he will have more time over the gulf stream and water in general if he somehow ended up closer to the SC/NC border....even then he would only have roughly 24-30 hrs....

Ian will need to fire some storms on the center and really take advantage of that warm water.....still right now there is no organized core at all really, the chances he is able to put it back together seems rather low.....if he does continue his trend of being right of track however he will have more time over the gulf stream and water in general if he somehow ended up closer to the SC/NC border....even then he would only have roughly 24-30 hrs....
We've seen the gulf stream do some wild things before to storms though. Hugo was a Category 2 before it passed over.

We've seen the gulf stream do some wild things before to storms though. Hugo was a Category 2 before it passed over.
yep but it has to get organized first, if it does then the gulf stream might do it's thing but if it doesn't, gulf stream could be boiling wouldn't matter

Well sure but Hugo had a intact core....Ian has lost that core. On the vis loop the overall LLC looks ok, need to see Ian fire storms on the LLC and start rebuilding a eye.....crazy things can happen though so we just got to wait him out and see what he does,

Well sure but Hugo had a intact core....Ian has lost that core. On the vis loop the overall LLC looks ok, need to see Ian fire storms on the LLC and start rebuilding a eye.....crazy things can happen though so we just got to wait him out and see what he does,
This is true… now I will point out that Bonnie in 1998 spent 24 hours on land in eastern NC emerging back over open water and then quickly regained hurricane strength within just a few hours… the redeveloped northern eye wall caused significant damage in Virginia Beach. I certainly think any model trying to build this back up to a strong cat 2 is overdoing it, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see this build back up to a 80-85mph cat 1 in the next 24 hours

Models are continuing to tick eastward
09L_tracks_latest.png

Back