• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Also the globals have sucked with Ian. The center is somewhere between Orlando and Melbourne just about to exit the coast and even on the 0z run tonight the GFS was saying it was gonna take another 18hrs . Theyve just not handled him well.
About 2 days ago, I stopped paying attention. They were so far behind. Interesting that ICON, NAM, and UK led so well.

Also, when the globals are behind, then the message to the people is even more behind. On Tuesday, someone in Charleston said "you have a ton of rain coming to you in Atlanta". I said " no, it's coming your way". They thought I was crazy. And the message to Atlanta has been loud and strong to prepare. So they will start ignoring the warnings.

KMLB_loop.gif

About 2 days ago, I stopped paying attention. They were so far behind. Interesting that ICON, NAM, and UK led so well.

Also, when the globals are behind, then the message to the people is even more behind. On Tuesday, someone in Charleston said "you have a ton of rain coming to you in Atlanta". I said " no, it's coming your way". They thought I was crazy. And the message to Atlanta has been loud and strong to prepare. So they will start ignoring the warnings.
Yeah… obviously this storm is emerging much earlier out into the Atlantic than what the GFS/EURO was showing. It is interesting that the UK/NAM combo that was the furthest north with the landfall has shifted back south closer to rest of guidance. It does appear that things are zeroing in on somewhere close to Charleston for the next landfall tomorrow. Now we need to see just how much strengthening can occur. Also, does anyone have the tide schedules for coastal areas the next couple days?

Yeah… obviously this storm is emerging much earlier out into the Atlantic than what the GFS/EURO was showing. It is interesting that the UK/NAM combo that was the furthest north with the landfall has shifted back south closer to rest of guidance. It does appear that things are zeroing in on somewhere close to Charleston for the next landfall tomorrow. Now we need to see just how much strengthening can occur. Also, does anyone have the tide schedules for coastal areas the next couple days?
This is Charleston harbor’s tide tomorrow

Attachments

• 01B4D8CD-8216-4EDA-892B-C6D38E941A8F.png
    01B4D8CD-8216-4EDA-892B-C6D38E941A8F.png
    464 KB · Views: 33
Anyone got the 6z euro for us poor folks
0z was pretty ugly in terms of overall precip here. That dry punch is going to shut off the rain fairly rapidly here, if the system comes in near CHS and tracks toward the upstate. We probably end up between 1-3".

1664453754824.gif
1664453865999.png
Those asking for the euro. Think the totals outside of the coast are on the light side and could see an additional 1-2” on this totals across most places

Back