• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Ian wasting no time crossing Florida it is amazing to me how bad of a handle the globals have on this system.....most do not have him going offshore till 6 pm tomorrow and do so well north of where he will actually do so.

My only pause on the speed he looks to be crossing Florida is if we are seeing shear displace the remnants of his CDO while the true LLC lags behind and is still over central florida. If he truly is off the east coast of Florida in the next 8-12 hours then the globals poor performance will be one for the books!!

Going on recent observations Sebring is reporting a NW wind and the county to its east is reporting S winds so the center is just NE of Sebring

2 camps…one GA/SC border other further N. It’s a coin flip.

View attachment 122487
I think the key in this is where is the storm at in 24 hours. It looks like the south eastern landfalls near Hilton head and southern half of SC keep it still over land in 24 hours while the further north solutions have it already past Florida over water in 24 hours (from the 18z time stamp obviously)

00Z GFS has two camps, one a sharper left and then a group more like the HRRR/NAM's....and since it cannot be stated enough a 75 miles shift either way is the difference between Hilton Head and ILM.....

gefs_2022-09-29-00Z_072_38.686_274.648_24.088_289.893_MSLP_Surface_tracks_lows.png

Back