• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

I think its been hit on pretty well here, but the faster the system moves over the next 12-24 hours increases its chances of feeling the effects of the trough which would pull the system further northward over the Atlantic. But at this point, I really don't know which model will have it right going forward.

I think its been hit on pretty well here, but the faster the system moves over the next 12-24 hours increases its chances of feeling the effects of the trough which would pull the system further northward over the Atlantic. But at this point, I really don't know which model will have it right going forward.
Looks like to me the trough is lagging behind most modeling but I could just be way off haha.. would think this allows more northward movement idk, thoughts?
goes16_wv-mid_us.gif

Yep, looking at current obs, like the WV @metwannabe linked, it is hard to believe that this system wouldn't just keep riding the boundary northeastward because it already appears to be embedded. But obviously forcing at the lower levels is not quite as strong and will continue to break down over the next day or so.

Looks like to me the trough is lagging behind most modeling but I could just be way off haha.. would think this allows more northward movement idk, thoughts?
View attachment 122476
Crude MS paint of where the trough is on this gif

1664414820214.png

vs the mesoanalysis
500mb.gif

It's that 2nd feature to the west of the main trough that will influence if it gets pulled inland where, unless something else happens and it just says nah.

I'm holding out hope these "outliers" are onto something sending this thing up the coast towards NC (no offense NC friends). Hopefully this storm continues it's speed just long enough to get more influence from the North... so far so good I would say.

I agree with you, I actually think, as others have said here, that Ian might hit the beach overnight. He is crossing halfway through the state already and looks to be moving fairly quickly.
radar 1.pngsat ian tonight.jpgcurrent steering.gif

Back