• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

He's crossing the state pretty fast and is only down to 125, have to question if this will be a hurricane on the other side now because I'm starting to feel it will.

That's what I was saying earlier. If it moves across fast enough it could be out in the Atlantic as a hurricane still.

Not far off from CHS, still. Nothing like the far northern outliers
LF was in Hilton Head again. There’s a battle between the NAM/UKIE and pretty much everyone else. Yes you could include the long range HRRR but let’s be for real. That model is WAYYYYY outside it’s useful range. Will be interesting to see the 0Z runs

LF was in Hilton Head again. There’s a battle between the NAM/UKIE and pretty much everyone else. Yes you could include the long range HRRR but let’s be for real. That model is WAYYYYY outside it’s useful range. Will be interesting to see the 0Z runs
It moved 1 county east over our area though. The center goes up highway 321 now, instead of up through the Union and Gaffney area. Still a big rain and wind event for many of us though.

It moved 1 county east over our area though. The center goes up highway 321 now, instead of up through the Union and Gaffney area. Still a big rain and wind event for many of us though.
If it LF anywhere from South Georgia to Georgetown we will get a lot of rain and I still think the coverage will be more than what models are showing. There’s a ton a jet dynamics, an extremely tight gradient over a CAD dome, and a stalled front over the region. Only way we get skunked is if the UKIE happens. Which I still stand that the stalled front and jet dynamics is clearly what pulls this to the NW and that 9/10 times you’re going to have a stronger than modeled WAR that just isn’t going to allow these Far East solutions that gets this thing so far north before turning NW.

It's about 140 miles across FL on current track, it's traveled roughly 60 miles inland, approximately 80-90 more to go. If it doesn't slow down it will be sniffing salt water around daybreak... we shall see. I mean just 48 hrs ago it was Panhandle to Big bend region, then Tampa and finally way south of there. Also forecast to basically stall at LF. It's followed none of what it was suppose to do, nothing is off the table at this point. And tbh kinda foolish to say otherwise

Take the TVCN/X (gray lines) and move ahead of it by a click.
That's where it's been ending up consistently.
On this one would be just south of Charleston, which would not be good.
But we have about 48 hours of more clicks to get through.

And to further test the theory, this is the model from Sept 26.
Compare it to where we ended up.
A click ahead of the gray lines.

Not very scientific, but it keeps happening over and over.

View attachment 122464

View attachment 122469
There is some truth to this. I’ve been watching that particular plot since you mentioned it the other night

It's about 140 miles across FL on current track, it's traveled roughly 60 miles inland, approximately 80-90 more to go. If it doesn't slow down it will be sniffing salt water around daybreak... we shall see. I mean just 48 hrs ago it was Panhandle to Big bend region, then Tampa and finally way south of there. Also forecast to basically stall at LF. It's followed none of what it was suppose to do, nothing is off the table at this point. And tbh kinda foolish to say otherwise

Great points, and exactly what I was worried about.

Back