• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Yeah that's a very aggressive run and something I would expect from the 3k not the 12k. It really lagged the trough and allowed for more of a weakness and right track. It's probably not right but it's still barely within in the reasonable expectation envelope.

I would not sleep on the NAM run, that is very much what the Euro had early on with a faster system, and the storm is much closer to the NAM right now timing and track wise than most of the globals.....does not mean it is right but it certainly should not be discounted, most of the west tracks after Florida have Ian taking several days to cross Florida, at the pace he is on now he will do it in a day or less. IF he is coming off the coast this time tomorrow then I think Charleston to ILM is the spot.

HWRF doesn't even get it out on the atlantic...so still big spread among models. I hug the EPS mean at this range, hard to beat.

View attachment 122453
That high in the NE is ridiculously strong!! No wonder models are showing it getting pushed West after Florida and or the Atlantic

38fbd524c3cea72ca76cf2a5e30ff713.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering this was just yesterday that was a pretty extreme right turn and a headache for forecasters. Not making excuses for those that didn't evacuate but those in that Southern area really didn't have a ton of time to make plans.
View attachment 122458
Yep, reminds me of Charley’s late last minute east shift. Tampa was fortunate both times.

So, my area is under a TS watch. Idk when the last time that was.

Considering this was just yesterday that was a pretty extreme right turn and a headache for forecasters. Not making excuses for those that didn't evacuate but those in that Southern area really didn't have a ton of time to make plans.
View attachment 122458
If this thing comes in just south of Charleston as a cat 2, it’s really bad news. For their sakes, I hope it goes either north or south but it could be real bad

Where do we find the verification scores? I bet the nam is outperformed the globals since Sunday.

The globals have stunk it up in regards to Ian and while we can not discount them by any means it doesn't make sense to put all your eggs in that basket either. The Ukie and the nam have been consistently showing a more east solution and Ian has done exactly that.

Back