• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

Is it possible it can ride the convergence line out to sea and miss a 2nd landfall?
I learn to never dismiss any possibility, but that being said there’s not really any guidance that does that now. The trough is pulling away without grabbing Ian to take with it, so it’s gonna follow what steering there is, which is weak, but show an emergence into the Atlantic with a turn back to the NW

Yes… the hurricane models are more favoring the HHI to Charleston area and to be honest UK is the only that is gone much further north than that with a landfall at Myrtle Beach. The NAM and Icon are basically in the middle
Yep, here is the 12Z recap for 2nd LF:

Euro - 980 into HHI
GFS - 986 into HHI
CMC - 987 between HHI and Edisto
ICON - 974 between Charleston and Edisto
NAM - 973 just north of Charleston
UK - Into the North Myrtle/Calabash area

I think euro is gonna keep going north and the northern camp will head a bit south and it'll be somewhere between Kiawah and Edisto. I still weigh the modelling that took this out into the atlantic more than the others as well but thats just me.
Tomorrow morning ar 12z should give us a pretty good idea of what we are going to get. Uk is already offshore models-2022092812-f024.sfcwind_mslp.us_se.gif

That's about where Hurricane Hazel hit in 1954. For the really old timers in Eastern North Carolina, Hazel is still the benchmark that hurricanes is measured by.
Hazel hit Brunswick County NC, Holden Beach,Oak Island. October canes are the best

Back