• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Skims coast near Pompano Beach at 138 and then moves northward at 144 skimming near West Palm. Now going to go back offshore I think.

Edit: yep, moving back offshore northward

Skims coast near pompano Beach at 138 and then moves northward at 144 skimming near West Palm. Now going to go back offshore I think
Yep, it went further south but then slowed enough to start turning north sooner or should I say before getting too far inland. This thing could still miss land...

That trof is going to move out quickly tho too. The ridges are already trying to re-build over the top. It could move so slow off the SE coast of FL that it gets pulled north (with trof effects) then stall because that pushes out and ridges bridge over again.

Can you imagine if it was forecast to turn away from Miami so they didn’t evac then when you wake up it accidentally hits as a Cat 5 by sliding west too much?

Massive trough diving south, hope it kicks the hades out of Dorian and doesn't just pull it north..... good grief, so things are really clearing up huh?

View attachment 22346
I don't know if thats simple though. Next frame will be telling. That trof has a lot of work to fully pull Dorian out that quickly. The ridges are gonna wanna bridge back over the top of it.

12Z Euro: 2nd landfall Canaveral
This is what worries me too though. If it slows that much, that trof is not going to be able to pull this out and miss... Look how the ridges have already bridged over and trapped Dorian. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if it meanders a bit or pulls NW inland.

ecmwf_z500aNorm_us_8.png

Back