• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Dropsonde near the center of Dorian found a 1005mb MSLP w/ a 17 KT surface wind. For future reference, as a rule of thumb, for every 10 KTS of surface wind, you usually take off a mb of pressure, this suggests that Dorian's actual minimum MSLP is around 1003-1004 hPa right now, confirming earlier extrapolated obs.

No doubt Dorian has intensified today.

recon_AF309-0805A-DORIAN_dropsonde2_20190827-2342.png

Dont rule out a blown kiss, not real one, stall then ots. Kiss the coast then off to the fishes. Erin will weaken the hp before it can build back in and turn Dorian toward land. First i want to see how it navigates,survives PR. They have some 3500 foot mtns I beleive, mainly eastern,central part of island. Aint the shredder, but itll prove formidable for a small circulation storm like this one.

Well, it'a even more uncertain now than it was earlier today with the latest runs. Now we have seen it go further north and stronger, which is exactly what I was afraid of. Could even end up out to sea. Some wild swings today.

Back