• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

no - NE quad ...

It's the NE quad if the storm is moving in a northerly direction. In the case of a westward moving storm, the strongest winds would be on the NW quadrant of the storm since that would be the "front" of the storm. The winds on the NW side would get more speed added from the west forward motion of the storm.

It's the NE quad if the storm is moving in a northerly direction. In the case of a westward moving storm, the strongest winds would be on the NW quadrant of the storm since that would be the "front" of the storm. The winds on the NW side would get more speed added from the west forward motion of the storm.
but it's gonna hockey puck due north ... or so "they" say ... just being forward looking ... LOL

Simple way is to think "Front/Right"Quad of storm relative to the direction of travel/eye

Simple way is to think "Front/Right"Quad of storm relative to the direction of travel/eye
I know (and knew) ... just tired and thought it was a nice bit of subtle humor ... guess not ... my bad ... carry on ...

Looks like Freeport now “should” miss the brunt of it..
Didn’t it passing to the south of Freeport portend more issues (and by issues here I mean potential disaster) for FL/GA/SC/NC? I know it’s not official, but I thought I remember earlier discussing this would be an indicator models may be somewhat awry.....

Back